1) Amazon changing its sales ranking algorithms again?
2) Why movies have so many explosions in them, in graph form.
3) This is an animal, not a monster.
4) Proof that anything is more dramatic with a movie soundtrack: Slinky on a treadmill. Video.
5) How fast food serving sizes have grown out of control, in infographic form.
6) 102 Awful Celebrity Portraits, Drawn By Their Fans.
7) Film producer Keith Calder on Scientology and what it feels like to finally stop biting your nails.
Bonus item: “What does Satanism mean to you?” Video
The prequel to Child of Fire: see here for more details
Starred review from Publishers Weekly
Named to Publishers Weekly's "Best 100 Books of 2009" list. Get the audiobook here.