When I signed on with Del Rey, they asked me for a biography. Unfortunately, my biography is so unbearably dull that, instead of providing one, I gave them a list of things that didn’t kill me.
- A tumble down a flight of stairs onto a concrete basement floor when I was five
- Beatings by nuns in elementary school
- Beatings by junior high public school kids
- Daisy’s green dock light of hope
- A combination of a good friend, a sports van and several six-packs
- An avalanche of beers and bong hits beyond that
- A Separate Peace
- Years as a fan of ’70′s and ’80′s heavy metal
- Ten months living on a couch in a friend’s Seattle apartment
- Seven years picking up dirty towels and flushing urinals at a gym
- Four exceedingly gentle attempts by my then-girlfriend, now-wife to break up with me
- That guy in the Volvo who turned in front of me, nearly snagging my front bicycle tire on his rear bumper
- A long string of menial jobs answering phones, filing and making copies.
- My son (so far)
- This book (whichever it happens to be)
 For values of “kill” that include ruining my life or making me miserable.
If you need to contact me, email me at harryconnolly at sff dot net.