1) Gambit’s costume is completely ridiculous, so this guy made one. h/t James Nicoll.
2) If David Lynch directed Dirty Dancing. Video.
3) Black leather dragon backpack. I’d get this, but it would make the toddlers in the Starbucks cry.
4) What your favorite 80s band says about you. This is better than it has a right to be.
5) More dice shaming!
6) Guardians of the Galaxy and The Lego Movie: the same movie.
7) Was HP Lovecraft a good writer? Nick Mamatas makes the argument that he was.
Maybe other people are talking about this all over the web and I’m not seeing it, but LAST WEEK TONIGHT has been really great right from the first episode.
Net Neutrality is an incredibly important principle and Oliver drives that point home while being 100% hilarious. He really is great.
Vox.com has a series of their explainer cards laying out the subject, and I’ve been waiting for an excuse to post these two links:
Yes, Your Internet Is Getting Slower: Your provider likes it that way. And the government doesn’t care.
Why The Government Should Provide Internet Access.
But even if you don’t agree that the internet should be treated as a public utility, you should watch the video. It’s damn funny.
I’ve already shared my opinion with the FCC right here.
1) The LEVERAXE! which twists in your hand to split wood faster. It’s science!
2) Was the drop in crime caused by unleaded gasoline?
3) Orion, The Masked Man. The singer, not the comic book character.
4) How to make a “sick edit” with mountain bikes. I don’t even know much about mountain bike videos, but I learn a lot from parodies.
5) Is “mankind” the right word to use when you refer to all human beings? Scholars weigh in.
6) German man builds a “web shooter.” This is very similar to the “mini-railgun” ranged weapon my buddy gave to his Champions martial artist years ago.
7) Lip sync battle between Jimmy Fallon and Emma Stone. Video. This is just flat hilarious and amazing.
1) The inevitable D&D-themed yoga. So cool, Brewster.
2) True Detective as Hardy Boy’s style covers.
3) I have never been as deeply moved by anything as this lady is about curtains. True salesmanship. Video.
4) The High Five Camera. Video.
5) Which pet should I get? A Flowchart.
6) Visual charts showing how people around the world communicate. Very interesting and completely authentic, I’m sure.
7) The ten words in English with the most meanings. Another chart.