5) “There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.” Frankly, I say this fossil isn’t scary enough for the name.
1) 20 Terrible Real Estate Photos. It’s hard to believe some of these are real. via Beth Pearson
7) Know your double. <– Funny
Maybe other people are talking about this all over the web and I’m not seeing it, but LAST WEEK TONIGHT has been really great right from the first episode.
Net Neutrality is an incredibly important principle and Oliver drives that point home while being 100% hilarious. He really is great.
Vox.com has a series of their explainer cards laying out the subject, and I’ve been waiting for an excuse to post these two links:
But even if you don’t agree that the internet should be treated as a public utility, you should watch the video. It’s damn funny.
I’ve already shared my opinion with the FCC right here.
1) A comparison of Zulu and Filipino stick fighting. Video.
3) Five Details They Cut From My Season Of The Biggest Loser. We all knew this show was complete shit, but it’s even worse than I thought.
4) What happens when engineers own dogs. Video.
7) “In my view, the parties do not need a judge; what they need is a rather stern kindergarten teacher” Spiteful upper-class twits drive each other wild.
1) The LEVERAXE! which twists in your hand to split wood faster. It’s science!
3) Orion, The Masked Man. The singer, not the comic book character.
4) How to make a “sick edit” with mountain bikes. I don’t even know much about mountain bike videos, but I learn a lot from parodies.
5) Is “mankind” the right word to use when you refer to all human beings? Scholars weigh in.
6) German man builds a “web shooter.” This is very similar to the “mini-railgun” ranged weapon my buddy gave to his Champions martial artist years ago.
7) Lip sync battle between Jimmy Fallon and Emma Stone. Video. This is just flat hilarious and amazing.
1) Baby noises edited into beatboxing. Video.
2) Every live action Marvel movie from 1998 ranked. I’d quibble with some of the rankings, but who wouldn’t? Also, there was no excuse for Elektra being so terrible.
3) The Ten Most Deadly Rocks And Minerals. h/t Kat Richardson
2) Clips of Mike Tyson boxing, looped with sound effects from STREET FIGHTER. Video. Funny but longer than it needs to be.
1) The inevitable D&D-themed yoga. So cool, Brewster.
3) I have never been as deeply moved by anything as this lady is about curtains. True salesmanship. Video.
4) The High Five Camera. Video.
6) Visual charts showing how people around the world communicate. Very interesting and completely authentic, I’m sure.
7) The ten words in English with the most meanings. Another chart.
2) Guy creates Kickstarter to interview loving couples to find out what makes relationships last. His results.
3) Pedestrian rollercoaster not as cool as it looks. Why couldn’t they just make the stairs twist so you could go up the loop?
5) Ursula Vernon on becoming tired of reading fantasy. I’m having similar feelings.
2) The six male characters women never get to see in movies. so many story ideas here.
4) Facial expressions of Olympic figure skaters. G forces take quite a toll.
6) A comic about economics and trade agreements. TW: mixed in with a lot of good information is some shitty treatment of Tea Partiers.