6) Beautiful animated gifs. h/t @keithcalder
Guy writes interactive novel about mystery-solving teddy bears in Venice, which is apparently not for children(?)
Reviewer gives it a mildly negative review.
Author loses his mind in comments.
This is from last May, and I’m not sure how I missed it. It’s the perfect example of the ABM, Author’s Big Mistake, in which an author takes great pains to try to school the reviewer in all their numerous errors but ends up looking like a complete tool. As it so often is, Dunning-Kruger Effect is in full swing here. The writer thinks his book about teddy bears is on the level of Keats or Fitzgerald, and nothing can convince him otherwise.
This train wreck comes to you courtesy of @Hello_Tailor, @Stacia_jones_, and @jamesdnicoll.
2) If David Lynch directed Dirty Dancing. Video.
3) Black leather dragon backpack. I’d get this, but it would make the toddlers in the Starbucks cry.
4) What your favorite 80s band says about you. This is better than it has a right to be.
6) Guardians of the Galaxy and The Lego Movie: the same movie.
7) Was HP Lovecraft a good writer? Nick Mamatas makes the argument that he was.
3) Scully likes Science (remix). Video.
7) CG Deadpool test footage. I’d happily watch this.
5) “There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.” Frankly, I say this fossil isn’t scary enough for the name.
1) 20 Terrible Real Estate Photos. It’s hard to believe some of these are real. via Beth Pearson
7) Know your double. <– Funny
Maybe other people are talking about this all over the web and I’m not seeing it, but LAST WEEK TONIGHT has been really great right from the first episode.
Net Neutrality is an incredibly important principle and Oliver drives that point home while being 100% hilarious. He really is great.
Vox.com has a series of their explainer cards laying out the subject, and I’ve been waiting for an excuse to post these two links:
But even if you don’t agree that the internet should be treated as a public utility, you should watch the video. It’s damn funny.
I’ve already shared my opinion with the FCC right here.
1) A comparison of Zulu and Filipino stick fighting. Video.
3) Five Details They Cut From My Season Of The Biggest Loser. We all knew this show was complete shit, but it’s even worse than I thought.
4) What happens when engineers own dogs. Video.
7) “In my view, the parties do not need a judge; what they need is a rather stern kindergarten teacher” Spiteful upper-class twits drive each other wild.
1) The LEVERAXE! which twists in your hand to split wood faster. It’s science!
3) Orion, The Masked Man. The singer, not the comic book character.
4) How to make a “sick edit” with mountain bikes. I don’t even know much about mountain bike videos, but I learn a lot from parodies.
5) Is “mankind” the right word to use when you refer to all human beings? Scholars weigh in.
6) German man builds a “web shooter.” This is very similar to the “mini-railgun” ranged weapon my buddy gave to his Champions martial artist years ago.
7) Lip sync battle between Jimmy Fallon and Emma Stone. Video. This is just flat hilarious and amazing.
1) Baby noises edited into beatboxing. Video.
2) Every live action Marvel movie from 1998 ranked. I’d quibble with some of the rankings, but who wouldn’t? Also, there was no excuse for Elektra being so terrible.
3) The Ten Most Deadly Rocks And Minerals. h/t Kat Richardson