1) The LEVERAXE! which twists in your hand to split wood faster. It’s science!
2) Was the drop in crime caused by unleaded gasoline?
3) Orion, The Masked Man. The singer, not the comic book character.
4) How to make a “sick edit” with mountain bikes. I don’t even know much about mountain bike videos, but I learn a lot from parodies.
5) Is “mankind” the right word to use when you refer to all human beings? Scholars weigh in.
6) German man builds a “web shooter.” This is very similar to the “mini-railgun” ranged weapon my buddy gave to his Champions martial artist years ago.
7) Lip sync battle between Jimmy Fallon and Emma Stone. Video. This is just flat hilarious and amazing.
1) What is NeoRealism? Video. Extraordinarily interesting contrast between neorealist and Hollywood movie techniques. h/t @RodneyRamsey
2) The Uncomfortable, a collection of deliberately uncomfortable everyday objects.
3) Sony gets Blender-made animated short pulled from YouTube even though they have no copyright claim to it. You can still watch it on Vimeo, though.
4) Vatican to digitize 41 million pages of ancient manuscripts. Of course, the manuscript pages themselves will outlast whatever file type the Vatican chooses to put them in.
5) Workouts inspired by your favorite fandoms. Heh.
6) What if the moon was a disco ball? Video. A question we’ve all asked at one point or another.
7) The Love Me Letters, Open Letters to Random People.