Multi-millionaire hedonist drug addict heir raises kids about as well as you could expect. It’s a #Longread, but it’s horrifying; the system failed these kids because the system can not stand up against money. Awful.
1) Dungeons & Dragons and the Influence of Tabletop RPGs | Off Book | PBS Digital Arts Video
2) Camera allows you to see parkour from the POV of the traceur. Video.
3) Cartoon rejection rates at the New Yorker. Includes a TEDTalk of course because New Yorker.
3) Super slo-mo video of a crossbow bolt passing through some very shaken-up soda bottles. Video.
4) What kind of person would do this to their dog? (Ridiculous but not heart-breaking)
4) The anatomy of Goofy, Mickey, Pikachu, and more. Warning: a little disturbing.
5) Paperback covers for Quentin Tarantino movies. Of course, no one does paperback covers like this any more, but they look great.
2) Six Board Games That Ruined It For Everyone. We own three of the six games they recommend as replacement games, and they’re awesome.
4) Women vs Tropes in Video Games: Damsel in Distress. Video.
1) 25 Ways to Tie a Scarf in 4.5 Minutes. Whether you care about scarves or not, it’s an entertaining video.
4) I guess if you’ve already spent the money on the photos, you might as well do this. Er, #35 is “special.”
7) The ten most ridiculous rules in first ed. D&D. I see that no one will acknowledge the elephant in the room: armor class. via Mike Cole
3) Planet of the Apes Dance Remix. Video. Pure Awesome.
5) Bed Cartography. Not that this has any relevance to my life, not at all.
Seattle superhero Phoenix Jones (and his buddy Midnight Jack) were out among the crowds during yesterday’s May Day protests, and man don’t they look like self-aggrandizing fools. I’d always been vaguely sympathetic to the guy because he seemed to honestly want to do some good while avoiding the idiocy of other self-styled heroes, but this is just embarrassing.
And now Seattle has it’s own “social villain” calling Jones out. The video is pretty funny, to be honest.
2) Horrible things donated to Goodwill. Absolutely NSFW.
4) Fan-made “Bella’s womb” made of felt. Of course it has a mutant fetus inside. Of course it does.
5) Japanese skater does parkour with his board. Video. Pretty amazing.
6) Camping tents that look like food. Call me when they make a tent that looks like something a bear wouldn’t want to bite.